When you jump on the road for a holiday, the last thing you want to worry about is mechanical problems. Our caravan maintenance services will ensure you don’t have to think twice before heading off on your journey. Realistically, you should be getting your caravan serviced every 10,000km. We recommend logging the km’s of your car to keep track, as not all caravans are equipped with pedometers. We’ll fully restore the confidence in your vehicle by taking care of absolutely everything. We manage bearing and brake services, awning installation, plumbing and leaks, new batteries, hot water systems and more! We take a lot of pride in what we do, and we’re always happy to extend our expertise to keen caravanners. Caravan Express are South Australia’s caravan repair company of choice! For any enquiries about out caravan maintenance services, simply give us a call on 0490923626 today.
Things to bring on your caravan adventure
After securing your caravan maintenance services, what else should you consider? Well, towing mirrors are probably the most important one to check off your list. South Australian road rules state that a driver must have full vision of traffic ahead, behind, and beside the car. This is a practical solution to restore full vision without making permanent modifications. Next up—bring lubricant! When your caravan’s been in the sun or in storage for a long time, it’s like an oven. The heat creates problems with joint mobility, so we recommend using a substance like WD40 to grease up the joints of fold out utilities etc. Lastly, if you’ve got a windy drive ahead, invest in some cabinet catches and latches. There’s nothing worse than finding the contents of your fridge scattered throughout your van. These are few of the things our experts might recommend during your caravan maintenance services.
What are the rules when towing?
While Are you familiar with South Australian towing rules? Let us give you a little refresh to make sure you’re safe and sound during your next trip.
- Seek regular caravan maintenance services to make sure your van is roadworthy. We’ll check the tyres, grease, wheel bearings, brakes, and everything in between.
- Never drive with a person or animal in your caravan.
- Learners and provisional drivers are not qualified to tow.
- Triple to check to make sure all contents inside the caravan are secure.
- It’s advised that you have someone direct you when reversing.
- Ensure that all lights and indicators are properly working.
- Towbars must be of a suitable type and capacity (typically a 50mm iron ball and caravan hitch)
- Allow extra distance for braking, overtaking, joining in a slip lane etc.
If you need any more advice on caravan maintenance services, have a chat with our friendly team today!